Monday, August 19, 2013

Things I Never Want to Forget About My Kids


1. the feeling of Carson's three-year-old fingers playing with my hair while I lay with her after bedtime prayers

2. Declan's 'flirty eyes' -- they're sure to cause him/me trouble someday, but they melt my heart



3. the way Carson turns EVERYTHING into a song--and always has a song playing in her head

4. Declan's belly laugh, which he gives freely and often.  I especially want to remember the 'anticipatory belly laugh' that bubbles out when he is waiting to be tickled but has not actually been touched yet.

And a few things I wouldn't mind being sacrificed to the black hole of my diminishing memory......
1. the sounds of 'sleep training' or whatever you want to call it when your kid learns to put themselves to sleep
2. tantrums of any kind, including my own
3. that soggy feeling that comes from being slightly damp with spit up, drool, snot, and various mushed-up foods all day

On second thought, I will miss all of these things too one day--when Declan can do more than just cry when he's mad (for example, curse at/about me) , when Carson can get in her car and drive away instead of plopping on the floor in a puddle, and when my kids no longer need me to wipe their noses and mush up their food--I will miss these feelings and these moments too.

Okay, it can all stay.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

You have some pretty adorable kids! Who I miss!! xoxo - Kimmie