Friday, April 9, 2010

A Different Kind of Spring Break

So in the past 8 Spring Breaks (not sure if that should be capitalized, so I'll just mix it up here) that I have been a teacher have consisted of these kinds of things:

  • sleeping in--I mean really sleeping in--like 11:00
  • napping--every day if needed
  • trying new recipes I've had my eye on
  • working with/for Brandon--cleaning pools, cleaning furniture, pulling pool covers.  This used to be the only way I'd get to spend time with him on spring break
  • errand-running--catching up on groceries, returns, and general, pointless shopping
  • getting the house really clean--dusting, mopping, organizing
  • watching stupid television
This year, spring break has gone much differently. 
  • sleeping in--until about 8am when Carson has been waking up--but I am definitely grateful for those 2 extra hours!
  • napping--for Carson--while I take a shower or accomplish about one-half to one of the house-cleaning/organizing tasks on my list

  • working with/for Brandon--at his office.  As much as I'd love a picture of Carson in her front carrier and me with a vaccuum pole in my hand standing next to a pool, it's just not happening this year.
  • doctor appointment--Carson's 4-month visit, where she weighed 13 pounds, 7 ounces and got her second round of shots--which she did pretty well with.  Clean bill of health!  Yay!
  • going to the park--we had a fun day with Angie, Patrick, and Madelyn, where both Angie and I forgot our cameras. Despite the lack of photographic evidence, I swear it happened! Ask Patrick. He did a lot of bee-shoo-ing, sliding, and climbing. And he also feels that the plural of bee should be bees-es. Which I LOVE.
  • hanging out with my baby girl--the best part!  It's fun getting to be with her all day, every day.  We have played and talked and laughed a lot, and I can't wait for summer to do it all the time!

No comments: